Work with Saniel and Linda
- The HEART of Waking Down in Mutuality weekend retreats
- The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart recitation & commentary course
- Conscious Love & the White-Hot Heart 3-day retreat
- Monthly Heart Gatherings with Saniel & Linda
Waking Down in Mutuality® Home-Study Courses
- Conscious Skillful Will recorded seminar
- The White-Heat recorded seminar
- The Waking Down audio recitation & commentary course
- The Waking Down in Mutuality Seminar
- An Integral Look at Opening the Gateway of Mutuality
- Cultivating Confidence in Embodied Consciousness
- Guided Meditations for Heartgazing
- Get Fierce! Cultivating Consciousness & Discriminative Intelligence
- Great Relief Hero's Journey
- HeartSpeak monthly audio magazine
- The Human Sun Experience
- The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View
- Let's Talk Sex and the Tantra of Trust
Other Home-Study Courses
- Key Questions & Core Distinctions
- Master Course with Saniel
- Masters of the Heart
- The Sacred Tremor That Frees Our Hearts to Love
- The She-Mystery & You
- Souls Flashing Forward Into Joy
- Treasure Map of Your Awakened Life
- We Are Christing 2.0
- While Jesus Weeps
- The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart
- The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Agents of Change 2012 retreat
Personal Work with Saniel and Linda
- White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution
- Personal Consultations with Linda
- Residential Retreats
The HEART of Waking Down in Mutuality weekend retreatsin DC, Chicago and Albuquerque
Waking Down in Mutuality® (also known as Waking Down®) is one of four dimensions or pathways in the Human Sun Heart Way of the Human Sun Institute. It’s our deep pleasure to announce a new series of regional events for 2018, "The HEART of Waking Down in Mutuality Weekend Retreats."
Saniel and Linda will be the principal transmitter-teachers at each event, joined by at least one other authorized transmitter-teacher. Practitioners in training to serve in that role may also be there to help us all hold the Heart-space. Saniel and Linda are excited to welcome others to join them as transmitter-teachers of this Heart-Way. They welcome you to come dive deeply into it with us all!
Retreats are currently scheduled in the DC, Chicago, and Albuquerque areas. Other areas are possible as well; stay tuned! The first retreat will be in the Washington, DC area on April 13-15. Chicago will follow on June 8-10. And Albuquerque on September 28-30. All begin on Friday evening and include two full weekend days.
Are you just finding out about or new to the Waking Down work?
- introducing seven new Waking Down transmitter-teachers
- overview of what’s happening with the Waking Down in Mutuality work now
- the exciting new developments we’re planning for the near future
- what these current and planned developments can mean for you
- questions and comments by members of the Waking Down community
Attending one of these Weekend Retreats could be ideal for you if:
- You feel hungry in your heart and soul – for what, you may not even know
- You’ve tried different approaches to spiritual growth and awakening, and you want a path that’s more compatible with your everyday human life
- Your life is working well but you sense something essential is still missing
- You’ve sought to find truth or God or peace or love with all your heart, and you’re starting to despair – or maybe you have been for a while, or
- You’ve aspired and despaired so much that you’ve kind of given up hope.
Whatever is prompting you to explore this work, The HEART of Waking Down in Mutuality Weekend Retreat will give you a dynamic understanding of what the work entails. You’ll get to both learn about and experience this path of awakening and ongoing growth in the "sanctuary of mutuality" that all those participating co-create together. We’re confident the retreat will activate your living experience of Waking Down in ways you can’t possibly know in advance.
Do you have history with Waking Down?
Even for longtime practitioners, this event won’t just be a refresher course. We’re confident it will reinvigorate and refine your understanding and practice of this great Way. And it'll reaffirm – and maybe newly reveal – what this transmission, teaching, and process can mean for you in your own journey and service.
Let’s be real...
We know that many people in the general Waking Down community have been disturbed by the immense changes in the work over the last several years. People have told us that they have lots of feelings, some pretty raw.
There will certainly be room as needed for you and others to voice and process some of this at these upcoming Retreat Weekends. We'll listen to and and honor what anyone may have to say.
At the same time, we have to keep moving forward in the new reality we all find ourselves in. And we assure you: Waking Down in Mutuality is yours to practice and "own" to your heart’s content as a participant and potentially as a leader. This work has never gone away and it is here for you now, updated, clarified and re-energized.
As you’ll see at these retreat weekends, stewarding this path can also become a vibrant part of your own service. Our facilitator and teacher training tracks are now being actively developed and implemented. After several years of intensive incubation, it’s very gratifying to our colleagues and to us that this is now getting underway.
The Weekend Retreat format
Each retreat begins on Friday evening. All attendees and staff will get to say hello, introduce themselves, and hear and be heard by one another. That will be followed by a session of gazing and brief meditation led by all the transmitter-teachers present. Then we'll offer an overview presentation: "Why the HEART Itself Is the Heart of Waking Down in Mutuality, and What That Can Mean – for You and for Us All."
On Saturday and Sunday, we'll start with gazing and meditation. Then the rest of each morning and each full afternoon will be devoted to one of the four triads in our main map of Waking Down in Mutuality. Each triad's explorations will include:
- music, dance and movement,
- a brief overview presentation of that segment's teachings,
- exercises for individuals, pairs, or threesomes, and
- small group meetings led by one or more transmitter-teachers.
If you’re a "veteran," you may have taken earlier trainings using some of the ideas and graphic images we’ll present at each Weekend Retreat. But the focus on the HEART and other recently clarified aspects of the culture and path of Waking Down in Mutuality, which our Heart Team members and others have beautifully contributed to, might just lead you to feel like you’re discovering this Way all over again. That’s how those of us leading the Weekend Retreats all feel about it. This is Waking Down 2.0! In this crazy world, which seems to be getting madder every day, Waking Down in Mutuality is a sane, wise, loving, wholehearted way to live. We hope to see you and Wake Down more deeply into the HEART with you at one or more of these Weekend Retreats!
The HEART of Waking Down in Mutuality Weekend Retreats
with Saniel & Linda and other transmitter-teachers
DC area: April 13-15
Chicago area: June 8-10
Albuquerque area: Sept. 28-30
Friday 7:30 - 9:30pm, Saturday 9:30am - 6pm, Sunday 9:30am - 5:30pm
Early purchase discount available up to one month before each retreat.
Conscious Love & the White-Hot Heart #2:
Embodying the Mystery of Heart-Fullness in Your Everyday Living
Embodying the Mystery of Heart-Fullness in Your Everyday Living
a 3-day retreat at Saniel & Linda's home in Sonoma
May 4 - 6, 2018
I participated in a wonderful 3-day retreat with Saniel and Linda at their home in early December 2017, along with 15 other participants. To say that this was a life-changing, transformative experience for me would be an understatement.Course outline. Some of the things we'll do together are:
From the moment I walked into their home, there was such a strong energy there of love, acceptance and mutuality, and that feeling just grew and grew over that 3-day period. During the course of the retreat I found myself (even on the bodily level) so filled with immense joy and love, like every cell in my body was vibrating with joyful exhilaration.
The energetic transmissions from both Saniel and Linda were extraordinarily powerful and transformative. Even to this day, 2½ months later, I can still feel the power of their transmissions. It has greatly enhanced and deepened my spiritual essence on a daily basis.
I highly recommend Saniel and Linda's retreats to anyone who wants to deepen their spiritual evolution in the most beautiful and loving way.
- Our signature HeartSeats for each participant: personal sharing with, and getting the blessings of, the whole group,
- A powerful new format that unites creative manifestation and whole-body expression with our gazing and meditation practices each day,
- Up to the moment and possibly some new teachings on our theme of Conscious Love & the White-Hot Heart: Embodying the Mystery of Heart-Fullness in Your Everyday Living,
- Music and dance, your own poetry, song, or other creative offerings, dyad or small group work, Linda Ma's delicious snacks, and the Heart-full camaraderie of an amazing group of conscious people.
- Fee: Early registration (thru April 4) is $350; $425 afterwards.
- Course schedule: Friday, May 4 - Sunday, May 6 – Friday 11-6; Saturday 10-6; Sunday 10-5.
- This is a non-residential retreat and lunch is not provided.
- Open to all but if you're new to our work or haven't been on retreat with us before, you'll need to apply. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll tell you how to apply and help you get more prepared.
The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart recitation & commentary course – a new reading of the classic book with up-to-date commentary by Saniel
For a whole year starting on December 3, 2017, Saniel will be reading aloud and offering up-to-date commentary on his first teaching book, The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart: Divinely Human Self-Realization and Sacred Marriage — A Breakthrough Way for “Westerners.”
“It just might purr for you”
First published on August 6, 1995 — the 50th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima — The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart is cherished by many. In 2007, after years of distributing the book in ring-bound, xeroxed format, we published a quality paperback edition. In its Preface, Saniel playfully wrote:
“Here’s The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart. Finally looking like an actual book! Well, don’t let looks fool you. It’s still as much a living creature, a kind of Dharma Wildcat, as it is any kind of ‘publication.’The same will be true of this first-of-a-kind, simultaneously Facebook Live video and MP3-audio course, extending over a whole year. Come join the petting party — and see if you don’t feel the Dharma Wildcat of your own Heart starting to stand up and roar!
“Who knows? If you give it the milk of your heartfelt respect and pet it with repeated attention, it just might purr for you.”
The recitation and commentary format
From October 2015 to September 2016, Saniel did a similar recitation and commentary course for his book Waking Down. Many of those who took that course are still raving about it. Now he's welcoming us to a similar journey with The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart. Each Friday for 50 sessions, we'll post a new audio recording consisting of two parts:
- a straight-through reading of a section of the book, leaving out some unnecessary or too-dated passages,
- Saniel's present-day commentary on that section's material.
- The 50 audio sessions of the course will be posted weekly, with a couple of weeks off to be announced along the way.
- About once a month, Saniel will broadcast one of the 50 sessions live on the course's private Facebook page. Participants will be notified in advance.
- The Facebook Live video will remain on the course’s private group timeline and the audio recording will be posted on the main course webpage the following Friday.
- As a participant, you’ll be able to post comments on the course’s private Facebook page, and to converse there with other participants along the way.
“This is a lot of material to cover — even in 50 sessions! I want to reserve the option to take this journey as I'm moved to in and by the Heart. It may become apparent near the course’s end that we need several extra sessions to cover the remaining material. If so, we’ll make them available to you at a reasonable fee.
“This is the one and only time I will ever enact this particular mantric empowerment. So, let’s do it right. Let’s give the book, the commentary it prompts, and the participant conversations room to breathe, to burn bright, to spread wings and soar."
Free live intro session with Saniel, December 3, 7 am PSTThe course begins with a free 1-1¼ hour introductory Facebook Live session on Saniel's Facebook page
The video recording of the intro session will remain available on the timeline of that page for subsequent viewing.
The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart recitation & commentary course will be delivered via the internet as 50 audio recordings including at least 12 Facebook Live audio/video presentations, plus a private course Facebook group for participants only.
- Dates: 50 weekly sessions December 2017 - December 2018, plus the initial free introduction on December 3. Register at any time and take the course at your own pace. Back sessions will always be available on the course webpage.
- Fee: $295 if purchased by Friday Dec. 8, a savings of $80; $375 thereafter. An incredible bargain either way!
- Course text: The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart is the course text. The paperback book will be available to course participants at the discounted price of $20.
Monthly Sunday Heart Gatherings with Saniel & Lindaat their home in Sonoma
Because Saniel and Linda are welcoming you into their home, this gathering is open only to people they're acquainted with.
Seating is limited and is available by reservation only. If you'd like to bring someone new, please ask at least several days in advance.
The following Sunday gatherings are tentatively scheduled for the first half of 2018:
Dates: March 18, April 8, May 13, June 10
Time: 10:30 am – 1 pm
Conscious Skillful WillSix Steps and Four R's for Reconfiguring Your Mind and Life with Graceful Wisdom
a 6-session audio seminar with Saniel Bonder & Linda Groves-Bonder delivered via the internet
A frequent misunderstanding of the practice of Waking Down® over the years has been the notion that we are supposed to endlessly and forever "greenlight" – and thus go on identifying with, fully surrendering into being – our most difficult feelings, issues, and shadow patterns. But this is a partial and distorted approach to greenlighting and the whole practice of Six-Step Recognition Yoga and what it may lead to. People taking this approach can tend to get stuck in an overly yin or stereotypically "feminine" (receptive, accepting, surrendering) orientation to practice. They sometimes make the error of thinking that any exercise of will and effort toward self-change or development is "hypermasculine."
This course can help you get clear on when it's time to bring what Linda calls "conscious skillful will" into active, even passionate, reconfiguring of your mind and life. Here are some of the topics we discuss and help practitioners integrate during the course sessions:
- How Six-Step Recognition Yoga is a whole-being process, not founded in the periphery of mind, attention, and will
- How that practice requires discernment and restraint – for instance in learning how to titrate exposure to your broken zones
- How it moves from the yin of Recognition and Release into the yang of Reconfiguration and Regeneration (the Four R's)
- How conscious skillful will becomes core-generated, anchored in the indefinable mystery of our Totality Identity
- How to work with your broken zones and shadow patterns to outgrow being governed by or chronically stuck in them
- How, when it's time, to wisely skip the "Live It" and "Be It" stages of Six-Step Recognition Yoga – without indulging spiritual bypass
- How to discover and refine your own natural rhythm of more yin and more yang ways of living your process
- Why these teachings, originating in our work, can be put to great use in just about any integrative path of embodied awakening.
- video introduction to the teachings by Saniel,
- six downloadable 90-minute audio recordings of teleconference sessions with Saniel, Linda and participants in the original live seminar,
- text transcriptions of the six audios.
The White-Heat Seminara 10-session recorded multimedia presentation & discussion course
with Saniel Bonder assisted by Linda Groves-Bonder
Over the years, and not at all to our surprise, the White Heat has been the most mysterious, least readily understood element of our teachings. So many people have asked about it and we've been able to say so little that has truly satisfied the questioners.
Which is why Saniel got the inspiration to make a whole seminar based around a short collection of essays called The White-Hot Glory – with Dirty Hands!, the one book of his which is comprised almost entirely of essays that address the White Heat:
- What the White Heat is,
- How it became and remains central to his life and transmission, and
- What this means in relation to our work, to the traditions that have come before us, and – most importantly – to you and your own awakening, growth, and living.
The White Heat seminar is an evergreen offering in the Human Sun Institute curriculum, part of the White-Hot Yoga of the Heart quadrant of intensive transformational teachings.
Each recorded session has two components: an hour-long presentation of the course material by Saniel, and a 75-90 minute phone conversation with the participants in the original live virtual seminar. In his video and audio presentations, Saniel combines recitations from The White-Hot Glory with spontaneous commentaries that sometimes include selections from his other writings, the writings of the mystic poets, and other material. In the group conversations, Saniel offers further explication of the course material and answers questions from students.
The two course texts, The White-Hot Glory and The White-Out Dharmas of the Divine People, ebooks are provided as part of the journey.
The Waking Down Recitation & Commentary course50-session recorded audio course
A new reading of the classic book with up-to-date commentary by Saniel Bonder
As one enthusiastic listener commented, Saniel’s Waking Down audio recitation & commentary course “tracks the evolutionary arc of this teaching’s ongoing emergence and the key changes that have come about over the years. ...the recitation itself is a palpable transmission of Awakening Grace.”
In 50 sessions, Saniel reads aloud and offers up-to-date commentary on Waking Down, the classic text of this great Way that is now treasured by people around the world. Each session consists of two parts:
- Recitation -- a straight-through reading of a section of the book, leaving out unnecessary or dated passages, or a reading in an ancillary text
- Commentary -- Saniel’s present-day explication of that session's material.
In every session he offers updates and evolutionary refinements on the teachings in the book and reflects in various ways on the historical unfolding of the work, including the dramatic changes that have taken place in the Waking Down® work and community since early 2014. From the first session on, listeners have found these recitations and commentaries lively and clarifying — as one said, “sumptuous.” “As you listen, the bodily-felt openings confirm that this teaching is alive in and as your very heart.”
Let's Talk Sex and the Tantra of Trust
8-session audio course
with Saniel Bonder & Linda Groves-Bonder and live course participants
Sexual-relational trials and delights often intensify in the charged atmospheres many of us stumble into, sometimes quite helplessly and unaware, in Waking Down in Mutuality practice. The challenges increase in part because in many cases we haven't yet really comprehended — not just intellectually but whole-bodily — how different this Way it is at its core from other approaches. We tend to get confused by all kinds of teachings, processes, and disciplines we have learned or been exposed to.
For these reasons, this is a series of conversations on sex and tantra like none others available anywhere. The discussions often delve into the frustrating and challenging, "down and dirty" details of our ambivalence, experience, issues and aspirations around sex and intimate relationship. Yet they never stray from a basic perspective that views the whole matter — and everything else in our everyday lives — as fundamentally sane and even sacred expressions of our ever-emerging divine humanity. One course participant writes:
From exploration of our sexuality being the engine of creation's emergence, to trust in intimate relationship, to the art of communication with ‘other’
and the multi-dimensionality of gender — all of that as well as porn, masturbation, multiple intimate partners, the Goddess, the ‘shadow’ of relationship, and so on.
I don't know where else you'll find a conversation that so seamlessly interweaves the creative process of Infinite Being with the challenging, nitty-gritty embodiment of human sexuality.
Gift yourself. Take Let's Talk Sex and the Tantra of Trust.
Don Jones, Albany, NY
The course consists of eight discussions between Saniel, Linda, and the original teleconference course participants. The live sessions were recorded and transcribed and the audio and text posted to the course website. These are now available to you as an evergreen Human Sun Institute audio course.
Some of the topics touched on in the course:
- Why trust grounds love and any sexuality that does not prioritize trust is missing the mark, no matter how energetic and blissful lovers can get
- Why profound conscious responsibility for one's sexuality can take the forms of a solitary or even a reclusive lifestyle, at any time in our lives
- Meeting possible partners "from the inside out" and why boundaries are all the more necessary when your feeling of Being knows no bounds
- Size, smell, taste, shape, weight, skin texture, fantasy ideals, and other unmentionables in conscious sexuality
- Why it's so crucial for both men and women to uniquely embody both their "feminine" and "masculine" natures – and why those designations can be so misleading
- Gender, same-sex relationships, and the challenges of interior and outward identity – our agreements and arrangements about who we are and are becoming
- The Heart and the heart: the converging of spiritual, psycho-emotional, bio-scientific, and relational recognitions of the Mystery at the center of our conscious bodies
- Erotica, porn, and the politics of arousal: getting clear about what's really obscene, and what is and isn't anybody else's business unless we choose to divulge it to them
- Why lifelong commitment comes last in wise yet daring explorations toward enduring intimate union, and what we have to be willing to risk
- Why "skilled" and "superlative" capacities are necessary for Heart-full transformational partnership, and what those words mean in ordinary, often humbling daily living
- Multidimensional mysteries of sexuality and love in the realms of devotional awakening and communion, past and present
- Transformations of our sexuality and intimacy as we age and undergo increasing spiritual refinement and identification with the totality of Life
- How emerging divinely human identities – the Tantric, the Transcender, the Artist, the Discriminator, and more — and their combinations can show up in our lives and relationships in ways we can't readily greenlight.
Saniel's 2003 book-in-progress The Tantra of Trust plus the new 6-session "Let's Talk Sex" interview series on the Conscious 2 internet video platform comprise the course materials. One remarkable part of the discussions is a continual updating and critique — by both Saniel and Linda Ma and the participants — of The Tantra of Trust, an ebook of which is provided on the course webpage. In addition, you'll need to purchase separately at least a one-month membership in Conscious 2 online, at $16, to view the "Let's Talk Sex" video interviews.
Prerequisites: None in particular. But it would be good for you to have at least a basic understanding of our Waking Down in Mutuality® teachings. We don't introduce them or explain their basic concepts here except in ways that naturally pertain to what's being discussed.
We are confident that this course will catalyze deep, positive shifts for everyone who participates. It's an opportunity to discover and embody the Heart of the greater Mystery of our living in an area of supreme mystery, delight, and challenge to nearly every human being, our sexuality.
The Waking Down in Mutuality Seminar
with Saniel Bonder &
We've renamed this offering “The Waking Down in Mutuality seminar.” Like our first two recorded seminars, “The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart” and the “Great Relief Hero's Journey,” this seminar will have two components:
- Presentations, in this case by both Saniel and Linda, and
- Recorded Q&A sessions (Conversations) between Saniel, Linda and course participants of the original live seminar.
Saniel's contributions include materials from his extensive writings in books such as The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart and Sure Fire, to help bring out the fullest depth of the teachings and bring them right up to current time. Some of the topics covered include:
- the Heart as the foundation of this work, and the nature and primacy of transmission,
- why it's so important for our daily well-being to deeply comprehend this work as a breakthrough departure from 5,000+ years of hypermasculine dharma in both East and West,
- what makes the core wound such a radical new discovery, and why it is so profoundly difficult, because of that, for even brilliant and deeply awakened people in other paths to comprehend what this Way is all about,
- what the Second Birth is and what it isn't,
- why consciousness in and of itself does not “contain” the totality of our access to the infinite dimensions of our nature,
- the real meanings of the terminology of this path vs. what might be called the “street dharma” of popular misconceptions among practitioners,
- the advent of much more sophisticated and bodily-based psychological understanding of our “broken zones” and shadow material and what this means for “Down” work today, both before and even long after awakening.
The Waking Down in Mutuality Seminar
13-session multimedia course with Saniel & Linda
Free preview session available here
The White-Hot Yoga of the Heartmultimedia course with Saniel Bonder assisted by Linda Groves-Bonder
Free preview audio mini-course available here
This 13-session multimedia course could be of great importance for you if you identify at all with any of these statements:
- You feel a compelling Heart-connection with Saniel, Linda Ma, or both of them that you are moved to further explore, cultivate, clarify or deepen
- There's something about the Heart and/or the White Heat that calls to you strongly and that your being impels you to realize much more fully
- The very phrase "The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart" fills you with mystery and anticipation, so much that you know you have to find out much more
- You recognize that there are dimensions of spiritual lineage and/or possibilities in community that are not currently being fulfilled in your life and process
- Something perhaps unnameable, a greater intensity or different perspective, isn't coming into play in your current growth work – this could be so whether you've undergone the Second Birth awakening yet or not
- The more you learn about what we will be exploring and entering into together in this seminar, the more you feel it could be crucial for you to be part of it
- Your heart, soul, and even body hunger for something like a divine oblivion of liberating love – an utter immersion in the Heart of the Mystery that includes everything and everyone
At The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart 3-day retreat in December 2014, Saniel and Linda Ma unveiled The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart's "12 Mysterious Gateways to Advanced Evolutionary Emergence." Saniel and Linda Ma have been offering teachings on this Yoga at advanced gatherings for several years. But this was something new. With the sharing of the original logo-mandalas and cohesive Key Points of 12 gateways at that retreat, The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart emerged into the world for the first time, really, as a unique, distinctive Dharma or Way.
One of the highlights of that 3-day retreat was Saniel's recitation of and elaboration on the 7 or 8 Key Points of each gateway. Together they are a vivid, highly condensed crystallization of his teaching and his and Linda Ma's whole work, especially their most advanced offerings, to date. Everyone agreed that it would take a great deal of further elaboration and conversation to flesh out these key points.
And that is the purpose of this White-Hot Yoga of the Heart multimedia course: to be the foundational, source-teaching course for everyone interested in learning about and possibly practicing The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart – which includes yet also reframes and builds upon the basic principles of Waking Down.
Even though Saniel released the book by that title way back in 1995, it's as if The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart as a transcendental and yet deeply humanizing Way has been lying dormant all these years. He and Linda Ma have been teaching and working toward its fuller revelation without really knowing that was what is happening. Others have recently been asking for and literally coaxing it out of them. And now this Yoga is clearly coming forth into the world in, as, and through many of us. If we feel called and undertake the work required, we can grow into stewarding its manifestation each in our own ways.
Format of the seminarThe first session offers a brief overview of the dozen "gateway" principles of this Yoga and then addresses the first gateway, "The Heart." Each subsequent session focuses on the next following gateway, though there will be a lot of organic fluidity and inclusiveness, as these principles flow into and naturally weave together in many ways. The final, 13th session is a wrap-up, review, and look forward into possible next steps for all those so moved.
- Three Foundations of the Way: The Heart, White Heat, Activation
- Three Treasures of the Life: Adept, Teaching, Community
- Three Pillars on the Path: Individuation, Communion, Appreciation
- Three Stages of the Journey: Persona, Person, Personification
- Presentations – 13 recorded discussions of the course material. About one hour long. In video, audio, and transcribed text formats
- Conversations – 13 recorded Q&A sessions with a live group of participants during the course creation in early 2015. About 75 minutes long. In audio and text formats
Free preview mini-course: "The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart, Waking Down, and You"
Saniel has recorded a 75-minute mini-course that clarifies the relationship between The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart and Waking Down, and some of their distinctive differences. And it presents an overview of the seminar and its possible gifts and meanings for you, with a closing invitation from Linda Ma. We'd like you to have this recording and the other materials on the course webpage for free. To get the course, visit
There are no prerequisites; anyone who wishes to take this seminar may do so. However, a deep understanding of the Waking Down teachings and some experience of living that process, including mutuality practice with others and of working personally with a Waking Down teacher, would be to your great advantage.
“As incredibly profound as Awakening is, it is not the end of the spiritual road but rather the beginning. Yes, the White-Hot Yoga of the Heart greases the skids to awakening like nothing else I know, but it is also a Kiln of Conscious Love whereby we each and all embody our identity
as the White-Hot Heart of Onlyness, including here and now, especially here and now, beyond here and now.
“As powerful as any of Saniel's writings are, it is by being in his personal company, with his wife and brilliant partner Linda, along with the presence of others who are awake and awakening, that you will most personally be able to see and feel and know if this White- Hot Yoga of the Heart might be something that touches your heart and calls you to further explore it – or not. Only you can kick the tires of this vehicle to see if my and others' claims about it are inflated, delusional, bogus – or maybe true – in your case.
“If you have any attraction or curiosity at all about what this renewed empowerment of the White-Hot Yoga of the Heart might mean for you, I earnestly encourage you to directly engage a retreat, or course or personal contact, with Saniel and Linda. This is not a rehash of anything prior. Though it includes and honors all that has come before, this is new Sacred Ground. Bring all that you are or care to be. Be received, and receive.”
White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolutiona new format for personal work with Saniel
for those who feel powerfully called and inspired
It's an honor and a privilege to welcome you to consider this new opportunity for personal work with me: a "White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution." It's also a deep joy. I'm ecstatic at the possibility of engaging with you in this new way to serve your divinely human emergence in your unique life.
Your next evolution: what are you hungry for?
"Evolution" is a buzzword these days. "Evolve" simply means to "turn or roll out," to unfold. Today the vanguards of both science and spirituality hold that each of us, and every particle and energy in manifestation, is continually evolving, changing, transforming. In that sense your next evolution is already underway. Every part of who you are is unfolding spontaneously.
As human beings, we also get to participate consciously in our evolutionary changes. We get to co-create them with the power of Life that's always moving in us. And that's where the "white-hot evocation" process I am offering might serve you well. You might long to:
- quicken your spiritual awakening and embodiment of consciousness, or your post-awakening integration and passage into fuller divinely human incarnation
- learn skills of both deep listening and communicating with others and speaking your truth to them
- discover or more fully express your gifts for making a difference in the world as an agent of change
- have an extended experience of being listened to, seen, heard, appreciated, acknowledged, and honored by me, personally, as the founder of Waking Down™ and the originator of The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart™ which Linda and I teach
- get into the "white-hot" element of our transmission and work in ways you haven't been able to before
- reframe what you feel are negative aspects of your personality and character, so that you stop beating yourself up about them and work with them as paradoxical, evolutionary positives
- appreciate more fully the spiritual and cultural lineages, philosophies and approaches that make this work possible and help you understand its position in world spirituality
- clarify your relationship to one or more animal totems, mythic or divine archetypes, or elements or places in Nature in ways you may not have imagined possible
- explore practical options for your next moves, including some that might never have occurred to you – whether baby steps, quantum leaps, a combination of the two, or actions that are somehow both
White-hot evocation: I see and call forward who you are becoming
"White-hot" refers to an uncommon fusion of Spirit and Matter that I am blessed to enjoy, transmit and teach. It also acknowledges that there's a living, spiritual fire here that could quicken and ease your transformations. It doesn't mean I'm not an ordinary person or that I don't have clay feet. (Not a chance!) Even so, the white-hot presence and view of life I'm graced to embody tends to activate, accelerate, and streamline big evolutionary shifts in those who come into deep connection with me.
Did you ever see the movie The Sixth Sense? Where the young boy says of his gifts, "I see dead people"? I sometimes jokingly say, "I see living people." More precisely, I see who you are and have been, and especially who you are becoming in your unique life. And I call and spiritually magnetize you to come forward. "Evoke" means "call out." I do this by my presence and attention to you personally, as much as by my words.
So, "White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution" is what I have always done with people I serve personally. Many friends, clients and colleagues acknowledge this. I feel incredibly blessed and privileged to be able to serve you this way. I love to do this work with people, I thrill to it, I thrive on it. Always have.
What's new now is the next expression of that work and its particular format.
“When I started the 'White-Hot Evocation Process' with Saniel, I felt quite hopeless about my capacity to bring out into the world my gifts and offering that I have developed over the last 20 years. I was ready to give up, feeling that my offering wasn't important, or even wanted.
“Through working with Saniel, I quite immediately started feeling an inner shift. I felt safe and held in his constant field of transmission and prayers. He saw me and welcomed my gift into the world like nobody else had ever done. Beyond that he supported me tremendously, both in practical ways and in sharing his spiritual wisdom and powerful transmission, enabling me to take the next steps in my work.
“After the 'White-Hot Evocation Process' I am feeling re-inspired, in touch with the passion for my work, as well as really moving forward in big steps into the world...
proprietor of BodyRiverYoga
Details of a White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution
A "White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Evolution" is a specific process of direct personal interaction between you and me, that can range between one and six or so months' duration. It's for people who feel a very strong attraction, even a calling in their own heart and soul, to work with me personally in this fashion.
There is a several step protocol for determining whether we should engage in this work together: first you submit a written application; if I accept it, we schedule a complimentary Mutual Discovery Session of 30 to 90 minutes to see if a White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution is right for us both at this time. (If I can't accept your application, I'll let you know why and suggest other options.)
Participating will require serious commitment and investment on your part, in ways that honor your other commitments, involvements, and capacity.
The actual White-Hot Evocation process can take one of two formats:
- The Short Format involves 5 hours of one-on-one mutual exploration, starting with an intensive of 2 - 3 hours, ideally in person though Skype or even phone sessions are possible. The remaining sessions of generally an hour each are scheduled for most people over the following 1 - 2 months.
- The Long Format involves 9 hours of one-on-one mutual exploration, starting with an intensive of 3 - 4 hours, ideally in person though Skype or even phone sessions are possible. The remaining sessions of generally 60 - 90 minutes each are scheduled for most people over the following 2 - 5 months.
After conducting many of these Evocations, it's become my custom to offer each participant an uncommon guarantee: once we have determined and agreed upon realistic goals, expectations, or desires that you have for what we can actually accomplish in your White-Hot Evocation with me, I always insist on making sure we do indeed achieve those goals or help you fulfill those desires. This may entail extra sessions and more time, which is fine with me --- and I will not accept any extra payments for them. So, in effect, your satisfaction is guaranteed – and mine too.
Your fee is determined mutually through a process I've been using for many years, that I now call "The Sacred Gift Exchange™." It involves working collaboratively to ascertain what is the optimal financial offering for you to make in exchange for what I'll be giving in our work together. This process is part of our Mutual Discovery Session and involves no pressure whatsoever, but only a deeply rewarding mutual determination of what will be an ideal win-win for us both. (If you need time to ponder what will be workable for you before making your proposed gift-offering, no problem.)
“I began working with Saniel four years ago with a deep intuition that he had something special to offer me. Since then, my world and self have been repeatedly expanded, deepened, and blown open by his one-of-a-kind seeing and empowerment.
“Our work together has allowed me to claim and step into my divine greatness and purpose in a way that I could have never predicted. He is a rare and unique Gift and it is my profound wish that many people receive what only he can offer.”
What do I do next?
To get the ball rolling, please email us at email@example.com and put in the subject line, "Please send my Mutual Discovery Session Application." When you get your application, complete it and send it back to us ASAP. Again, that session will be complimentary.
An important note on your options: In the Waking Down community, there are nearly three dozen radiant, wise, and powerful teacher-transmitters of Waking Down. One of them might be a far more appropriate choice for you than me. They offer brilliant, transformative help on a more affordable and less demanding basis than I can in a White-Hot Evocation for you. For the time being, at least, Linda Ma herself works on such a basis. She is in fact now accepting new students and looks forward to serving them.
“My experience of Saniel Bonder's transmission is that sitting with him is like having living, liquid concrete poured into my body. I become aware that the Divine Consciousness or Consciousness Itself is fully present in and as the cells, molecules and atoms that make up his body and mine.
“Saniel more strongly embodies Living Consciousness than any other person I've ever met or experienced.”
Licensed Professional Counselor
Spaces are limited — first come, first served
Thank you for your attention. I am so happy to make this offering available. I can also accept only a small number of people to serve this way as a white-hot "evocateur." First come, first served.
If you think there's even a possibility for you to connect and work with me this way, please don't wait! This will probably be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you and me both.
If you are a qualified candidate, I will do everything I can to find a way to perform this powerful ceremony of White-Hot Evocation of Your Next Unique Evolution with you, for you, with all my Heart.
|To participate in your own White-Hot Evocation, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Mutual Discovery Session Application.|
The Sacred Tremor That Frees Our Hearts to Love52-session audio course of recitations and commentaries by Saniel on Daniel Odier's Yoga Spandakarika
plus 13 bonus videos of the session material
In his book Yoga Spandakarika, Daniel Odier, a contemporary tantric master based in France, provides a superlative commentary on the Spandakarika of Vasugupta, one of the earliest texts of Kashmir Shavism. He also cites corresponding excerpts from tantra teachings of many of the great Tibetan Buddhist, Kashmir Shaivite, and Ch'an adepts, some well known and some quite obscure. Saniel considers Odier's book to be one of the finest collections of ultimate wisdom on realized living available in our time.
How this course began
Saniel had been toying with the idea of doing recitations and commentaries on Odier's book. During the 2014 "In the Heat of the Heart-Transmission" retreat in Chicago, he had the opportunity to read aloud and offer reflections on a portion of Odier's presentation. After listening, Doug Morris, formerly a longtime Vajrayana Buddhist practitioner and now the new Waking Down Chicago area coordinator, spontaneously urged him to consider doing that with the whole book. Since that was exactly what he had felt moved to do, Saniel took Doug's inspiration as an invitation to go forward with this new kind of course. Starting in May 2014 and continuing through May 2015, Saniel recorded one session a week until all 52 sessions had been recorded. And now we are able offer this monumental undertaking to you.
Hear the first two sessions free
We are making the first two of Saniel's recitation and commentary sessions available online as a gift to anyone interested in learning more about this course. This page also has course registration information and the course syllabus: humansunmedia.com/sacred-tremor-intro.
We Are Christing 2.0 audio courseJesus/Mary Magdalene, Our Global Living Lineage of Amazing Helpers, and Your Unique Emergence as a Son or Daughter of Goddess and God
an 11-session audio course with Saniel Bonder assisted by Linda Groves-Bonder
Using Cynthia Bourgeault's groundbreaking book, The Meaning of Mary Magdalene, as a key text, this course is a Spirit-filled, Heart-transmission rich journey into the mysteries of "Christing" in our time: the democratization of embodied Spiritual Awakening and increasingly profound God- and Goddess-identification through mutual grace, blessing, and transformational practice.
Get a course syllabus
Hear the introductory first session
“What has Christing 2.0 meant for me?
Carol Chaia Halpern, Ph.D.
Adjunct Faculty in Biology, Boston College
We Are Christing 2.0 audio course
Master Course with Saniel4-session audio event
This Master Course is for students of Waking Down and of Saniel's teachings who have done their "due diligence," explored their doubts, and now feel they are fully "in" and deeply aligned with Waking Down and seriously hungry to get more of Saniel's advanced trainings. The four sessions were audiotaped in front of a live audience in Berkeley California in late 2013. In each session, Saniel explores a different aspect of the Waking Down process. Here is the course outline:
Session One: The Core
Saniel gives his teaching on the nature of The Core and The Periphery and how that relates to each individual's process. Some people have said that this particular teaching has helped them understand how Waking Down works better than anything else they've ever heard.
Session Two: The Conscious Wound
As Saniel has taught, the Core Wound doesn't get healed, it becomes conscious. And in the Second Life, each of us becomes conscious AS that Wound in our own unique way. This session explores the Wound/Wellness paradox of the awakened life, and why leaning into that Wound is to our greatest advantage.
Session Three: The White Heat
Saniel's Dharma on the White-Hot dimension and stages of this process is one of the most intriguing and least understood of his teachings. This session goes deep into what the White Heat is as an ever-evolving intensification of the fusion of Spirit and Matter in the Second Life, and how each of us can cultivate and invoke it if we so choose.
Session Four: The Next Whatever
This is getting into uncharted territory. We contemplate the eventual and inevitable Awakening of everyone and everything into the Next Whatever, and how each of our processes is serving to "cook" all Being into this Greater Possibility.
An important secondary theme running through the course is what comprises Saniel's unique presence and work of "serving by Being" as well as by doing, and what this can mean for us as we Awaken, and then grow in Awakened living and discovery and expression of our own unique divinely human gifts. Specific attention is given to how these gifts serve us and the world as Agents of Change.
Master Course with Saniel audio event
While Jesus Weepsaudio event and transmission
— a ritual honoring of every spiritual person's dark nights of the soul and a celebration of the divine and human roots of the Christian tradition
I originally wrote this book, While Jesus Weeps: Conversations in the Garden of Gethsemane, as a play when I was 21. It imagines what the Apostles might have gone through together in that Garden. The Gospels only tell us that they fell asleep — twice, with Jesus coming down from his anguished prayers once to sternly awaken them, and then leaving again for more solitary prayer.
What if they were deeply shocked after recent events, including his telling them just before this at the Last Supper that they would all betray him? What if they couldn't sit still and pray, but instead had to talk? At that meal they all swore they would never fall away from him. Yet, later, when Judas brought the Romans to arrest him, every single one did. What could they have encountered in themselves and one another in the meantime, while he was off suffering his own doubts and even wishing he could avoid the fate he had foretold, of his crucifixion and more?
Recently, I felt called to do a reading on Good Friday as a ritual honoring of the Apostles' tests of faith that night, and every spiritual person's dark nights of the soul on the way to authentic resurrections of living Spirit. What resulted was an intense and challenging experience. Consider it a fire ceremony of a kind, where we all sit as priests before the heat of a sacred fire revealing and transmuting the undersides of all spiritual quests and practices, and especially honoring these formative moments of one of our world's great religious and spiritual traditions, Christianity.
“Listening to Saniel read his book While Jesus Weeps felt like a kind of sacred ceremony in itself, a sacred and symbolic reenactment:
both a sign of respect, love and acknowledgement of Jesus and the Disciples for who they were and their impact on our lives, and also an acknowledgement of our place as contemporary participants in and holders of the Divine Flame.
“The energy transmission of that night was at once palpable, mysterious and poignant, with all of us feeling drawn in a new and profound way into the unique Spiritual Experience that is Good Friday. I can truly say that I will not forget the feeling of that night.
“It's wonderful that with this audio now others can share that experience. As you listen, and enter into the experience, know that you are joining our intimate circle as we touched something beautiful together. We warmly welcome you, with open hearts.”
While Jesus Weeps audio event and transmission
Prerequisites: None. Open to everybody
Cultivating Confidence in Embodied Consciousnessaudio course with Saniel Bonder
- Do you feel a need for a stronger, even unshakable anchor amid the increasing uncertainty and insecurity of 21st century living?
- Do you experience the tide of relatively lifeless information you're exposed to as junk food to the soul as well as the mind?
- Do you find the speed, urgency, and force of irresistible change pervading just about every part of your life, and sometimes overwhelming you?
Some have already been blessed to discover an unshakable feeling of non-separation from that greater Mystery that is everything and everyone. Yet they can't completely "own" it. They don't yet know with unshakable confidence that they are also actually being that Mystery, with a fully conscious sense of identification.
In response to these deep needs, Saniel led an evening-and-a-day workshop on "Cultivating Confidence in Consciousness" in San Diego at the beginning of March, 2013. He was assisted by local Waking Down Interning Teacher Geri Portnoy and by Greg Aurand, founder and CEO of CLAIM (Communities Living And Inspiring Mutuality). It was limited to a dozen participants all of whom were committed Waking Down practitioners, even if relatively new to the work.
Though he hadn't planned on it, the teaching that Saniel offered at this event elaborates on the principles of "the Core and the Periphery" that he's been voicing over the last several years. And it does this principally through his responses during the brief "Heart-Seat" share times of each of the individual participants. Their very personal and unique conversations with Saniel may touch your heart and inspire your own deeper work in ways no one can know in advance.
“My wife and I flew all the way from Hawaii to San Diego to attend Saniel's Cultivating Confidence in Embodied Consciousness workshop. It was our first Waking Down event. We were not disappointed.
“After the course I started having some awareness of Being: on the bus riding to the airport and in the plane. This continued at home, fading in and out, but recently mostly in. Speaking with Waking Down teachers several times since the course has helped confirm the experience.
“It is a good beginning: subtle, but real. I am completely satisfied with my inner progress and looking forward to more.”
Cultivating Confidence in Embodied Consciousness
Prerequisites: none. Open to everybody
The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Awakening & Awakened Agents of Change multimedia coursea 3-day course with Saniel Bonder – available in video or audio
Our major 3-day event from 2012 – the White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Awakening & Awakened Agents of Change – is now available as a home-study course. Many times over the years practitioners have asked us how they can best realize the intense Spirit-Matter unity we call 'the White Heat.' We've explored different possible answers, never satisfied. Finally we arrived at the one that became the premise of this event. It's simple but startling – in some ways, even to us. And it's something we had never before put to the test in action with committed Waking Down in Mutuality practitioners, like we did at this event. That premise is:
The most direct, rapid, and sure way to realize White-Hot fusion of Spirit and Matter is to wholeheartedly practice Waking Down with a steady focus on discovering and expressing your unique gifts, and to do this in concrete ways in association with others. Focusing on your life-purpose in this outward-looking, collaborative way quickens and streamlines your process, whether before or after your Second Birth. And it serves a most profound consummation of the sacred marriage of Spirit and Matter, consciousness and phenomena, the great union of your ultimate passion and the whole world in which you appear: the White Heat.
This approach takes a different orientation from focusing on relatively subjective conditions or skills – such as attaining the Second Birth, integrating your shadow and broken zones, or even discovering and refining mutuality skills. Of course those developments are extremely important. But they serve a larger purpose: your capacity to be an "Awakening or Awakened Agent of Change."
Part of the secret of making that practice fruitful is to concretely situate your expression of your gifts in the real human world of exterior systems, institutions, and collective interchanges. The transmission and trainings you'll get from these audio or audio/video recordings can help you get that process going in ways you may not have been able to before.
The Life of the Party
This event was a celebration. In some ways, and for some participants, the presentations and formal structure were secondary to the deep, vibrant celebration of our emerging "change agency" as Awakening or Awakened human beings. It was an intensely juicy several days, full of challenges as well as delight for most everyone who attended. Some were startled by the immediacy of the love and joy we were sharing.
Situated at a retreat center on the mountain that is a sacred touchstone for Saniel's founding of this Waking Down work, many of us felt the Heart of Spirit and Matter being profoundly unified in, as, and through us at a deeper level. And that's the sacred context and essence of what we hope you'll encounter as you watch or listen to these recordings.
The Structure and Content of the Course
The course is based around three themes: Embody, Commit, and Trust, one theme per day. Each day includes presentations by Saniel and Linda speaking to the theme of the day, and one by a special guest presenter. Guest presenter John Records is executive director of COTS, a renowned homeless charity. David Lesser is our executive confidant and a Waking Down in Mutuality "graduate." Jennifer Mayol is a Waking Down senior teacher and fine artist. Presentations include:
- Who Are We, Each and All – and, What Are We Doing Here?
- Where The White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Awakening & Awakened Agents of Change Fits in Human Sun Institute and Waking Down in Mutuality — and What It Can Mean for You
- Your Unique Character and Temperament, The Difference(s) You Are Here to Make – and, How Will You Do It?
- The Great Work of Our Awakening Lives (John Records)
- "Multidimensional Money™" and Our Unique Mutual Will to Change the World
- Active Conscious Dreaming™, Using Conscious Skillful Will, Visualization, and Drawing for Manifesting Your Heart's True Calling
- Taking Your Place in the World (David Lesser)
- The Ages of Commitment for White-Hot Change Agents
- Strange Grace and the Dark Boon Lady (Jennifer Mayol)
This course will be truly useful to you only if you:
- understand the fundamental principles and practices of Waking Down very well – so that you need no instruction in the basics of the process
- have attended at least one group Waking Down in Mutuality multiple-day event led by one or more Waking Down teachers
- know you are "here to make a difference," to become or continue to be an agent of change and transformation in the world, whether in visible, outward ways or more simply just through your own presence and transmission.
The complete recordings of the 3-day White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Awakening & Awakened Agents of Change event are available through our webstore in two formats: streaming video (19 on-line videos) or downloadable audio (6 on-line audios). You can also buy both courses bundled together.
The Bigger Picture: "All Hands On Deck!"
The White-Hot Yoga Heart-TeamAfter the live White-Hot Yoga of the Heart for Awakening & Awakened Agents of Change 3-day event, a dozen of the attendees went on to become pioneering members of the year-long White-Hot Yoga Heart-Team, a Mastermind-style group that began in early 2013 and has continued yearly ever since, with changes in membership here and there. It has been and continues to be one of the most amazing journeys in our Way that any of us – Saniel and Linda included – have ever taken.
If you wish to apply to be part of this intensive program featuring Saniel's and Linda's personal guidance and leadership, along with an extraordinary tribe of fellow White-Hot Heart-yogis and yoginis, you must have either personally attended the original 2012 event, or else have listened to or watched all the modules in this recorded course. (Reading the course transcripts is optional.)
For more information about the annual White-Hot Yoga Heart-Team or to apply, write to email@example.com.
As you may gather from some of the comments by participants, for many of us – ourselves certainly included – this three-day exploration was both unprecedented and life-changing. It may well prove to be an unprecedented and life-changing experience for you as well. We warmly welcome you to dive in to this material and allow the uncommon energy of the whole event stir you up and move you forward.
Key Questions & Core Distinctions8-session audio course with Saniel Bonder
focusing on participants' key questions and the core differences between Waking Down in Mutuality and other life-pathsEach session of this online "teleseminary retreat" has two parts:
- questions to Saniel put forward by live course participants, the answers to which they felt would further their development (some of these questions may be yours, too!),
- a discussion by Saniel of one of the core distinctions between our whole approach and other life-paths, in terms of worldview and practice.
- Non-separateness vs. non-duality in Second Birth awakening
- Ego, Being, & the spectrum of identity: is there a "True Self"?
- Past shadow and future shadow in radical organismic shadow work
- Activism and service: do these have a place in our Way?
- The tantric tension between autonomy and mutuality
- When "down" ceases to be your real "direction"
- The next challenges facing the Waking Down in Mutuality culture
- What differences the White Heat does – and doesn't – make
Free introductory seminar: "The Heart of the Matter"
Listen or download here
A Treasure Map of Your Awakened Life audio course
9 audio sessions plus introductory and bonus materials. Presented via the internet
Exploring the organismic stages and developments possible in our kind of Awakened life
For several years Saniel has been presenting, in bits and pieces, a tentative map of the post-Awakened life in our ROSE way of being and becoming. During the Masters of the Heart telecourse, it became clear to him that it was now time to bring forth a more complete, comprehensive communication of these possibilities for practitioners of Waking Down.
We call it a "treasure map" because, for one thing, we're all still early in the first generation of people who are discovering such a process and living it out. We're still within the first two decades of what could prove over time to be a radically distinctive transformational tradition, for individuals, communities, whole cultures.
But at a deeper level, a treasure map is a very good metaphor for the nature of this "radical, organismic, sentient and emergent" unfolding. It can't be definitively mapped the way a Google map can lay out a whole neighborhood, region, or planet. These kinds of transformations and development are inherently emergent, which makes them mostly unpredictable. Anyone else's description of it is at best like a pirate's hastily scrawled sketch of barely explored territory. In many particulars it's completely unknowable in advance of your own arrival.
The 9 Course Sessions
- The Heart, the Amrita Nadi, and the Four Bio-Spiritually Natural Stages of the Second (Awakened) Life
- Stage One: The Awakened "Study of Being" (Divinely Human Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence, No Matter What Your Chronological Age)
- Stage Two: The Awakened Householder's Life-Embracing Yoga (Divinely Human Early to Mid Adulthood)
- Stage Three: Transition to Sublimity (Divinely Human Maturity)
- Stage Four: Ecstatic Eldership (Divinely Human Blessing-Rest for the Wise and Ancient)
- Fifty Years Out: Our Awakened Culture in 2061 – An Interactive Visioning, and Recommendations for Further Study
- Interactive Course Integration #1
- Interactive Course Integration #2
- Interactive Course Integration #3
Here are a few of the themes, topics, and parameters Saniel explores:
- Our bio-spiritually natural anticipation of the four likely life-stages of post-Awakened development
- How these stages may replicate, in our Awakened living, paths and practices that traditionally have been embraced as ways to get to Awakening or liberation
- The two primary perils of divinely human post-realization: premature transcendence and immature immanence
- The three developmental post-conventional "stages of faith" or "ages of trust" and how they might likely unfold for most Awakened practitioners
- Why the very skills and specializations that have made Waking Down possible can potentially become limitations to our further growth and transformation
- Awakened devotion, yoga, shamanism, mysticism, and more: How do these come into play in our style of post-awakened living?
- What all this can mean for you: How to find and cultivate your own, completely unique post-awakening evolutionary paradigm
Free introductory seminar
"Six Things about Awakened Living in Mutuality You Might Never Have Imagined, and May Really Need to Know"
Masters of the Heart audio course
8 audio sessions plus introductory and bonus materials. Presented via the internet
The Lives, Work, and Times of Ramana Maharshi and Adi Da Samraj
During the nearly two decades he's been teaching, Saniel has often acknowledged and spoken of these Heart-Masters. But until now, he's never been inclined to share many of his personal experiences, especially with Adi Da, with whom he studied for 19 years. At last the time has come for him to tell his stories and to offer a unique perspective on these remarkable adepts, based on the pioneering attributes of his own work.
Souls Flashing Forward Into Joy audio course
7-session audio course with Saniel Bonder – plus bonus materials. Presented via the internet
On Humanity's Adept-Disciple Traditions, And Radical Communion & Reciprocal Autonomy in the White-Hot Yoga of the Heart
In this course, we delve into one of life's most amazing mysteries: the intensity of numinous communion with the Infinite, especially as it has revealed itself and continues to in the connections between adept teachers and their students or disciples, and the many ways this kind of powerful, mutual revelation has shown itself over time and continues to today.
We look at some classic stories of the teacher-student relationship in our Global Living Lineage – and how these mysterious relationships have rippled out into the lives of many others, in their own time and afterward:
- Rumi's molten communion with Shams of Tabriz and its tumultuous impact on his family and his own disciples, and of course on his own realization and his amazing poetry,
- the appearance of the "Baal Shem Tov" at a time when Jewry in eastern Europe was in grave crisis, and the dozens of blazing mystic rabbis who arose from among his disciples and helped revitalize the core of Jewish culture in the form of Hasidism,
- the heartrending story of the legendary Marpa of Tibet, whose worst error in relation to his master Naropa and the lineage of their predecessors had an immense impact on the further unfolding of their Kagyu lineage.
- Each session begins with such a compelling true tale of those who've come before us. The stories of our predecessors give us perspective to discern the unique forms of our democratic miracle of revelation in this Way and, more generally, in Waking Down.
As one participant recently wrote, this mystery is "beyond devotion" to any external source or person, certainly as many of us have known such devotion before.
The She-Mystery & You audio course
8-session audio course audio with Saniel Bonder plus introduction and bonus materials. Presented via the internet
Cultivating a Juicy, Transformational Partnership with the Divine Feminine
Are you ready for a whole new kind of adventure in your relationship to – and simultaneous embodiment of – the Divine?
Linda and Saniel live this relationship with Her in their own distinct ways. If you don't already, you can too. As they know Her, She won't accept anything less than your own utterly unique recognitions and moves in a Dance of utterly equal-in-Being partnership with Her. Yes, you can grow into the challenges, joys, and paradoxes of peer divinity with the Great She. But She is hungry for your ultimate flowering into nothing less.
That's right: this is about your incarnation of God-Goddess mysteries and your totally singular activation of all your gifts and contributions in response to Her gifts to You. Guess Who needs You fully here and contributing at least as much as you do?
In this course we take a lively, experiential, and interactive deep dive into the very Heart of our existence. We go freely, fiercely, sometimes pretty wildly into what our relationship with the Great She can become when we're available to encounter all experience as a Divine event – and to meet that She-Mystery as any number of Others great and small, as well as in the core of our own Self.
The odd-numbered sessions introduce the 8 Key Steps for Your Unique Dance with the She-Mystery, discussing two or more steps per session. The even-numbered sessions expand upon the previous session's material. Each session includes questions, comments, and personal sharing from the live course participants. The final two sessions each include a special presentation from another Waking Down teacher, one of whom was a live course participant.
“I have taken numerous courses offered by Saniel and Linda, which have each been incredibly valuable to my process of unfoldment as an embodied human being.
The She-Mystery & You course came at the perfect time in my life and took my understanding and heart-fully embodied experience to new depths. The 8 course topics resonated initially with my intellect, however, as the course proceeded it engaged and awakened in my heart a conscious new tender strength that I have never experienced until now. The She-Mystery started calling from both within and without. Her qualities (both human and divine) have begun to awaken more and be appreciated more consciously within me.
“I know that this course marks a key turning point in my life and will support me in my role as a mother of four, in my relationship with my partner, and in my work with school children and young offenders. My heart is "breaking open" with compassion, love, and an all-embracing tenderness for myself and others. As a result of taking the course, I feel as if some of the key puzzle pieces hanging out there in my life are finally coming together to make a whole picture–ME–a reflector, appreciator, marvellor, and lover of the Great She-Mystery that exists within us all.
“The knowledge from Saniel and Linda, and that shared by every-one on this course, was profoundly moving and enriching. Whether I was on the live calls or listening to recordings of sessions I missed, I noticed the same impact from the powerful and profound transmissions that moved me every time. Thank you from all of my heart to all the participants, and especially to Saniel and Linda for offering this beautiful course!”
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- The She-Mystery & Me, an intimate talk by Saniel on his relationship with the Great She in unexpected forms, including Mary Magdalene; the living presence behind the title of his new novel Ultimaya 1.0; and a 19th century American "Miss Liberty" dime,
- An Introduction to the She-Mystery & You Telecourse in which Saniel and Linda introduce the 8 Key Steps for Your Unique Dance with the She-Mystery, and Linda shares a few of the stories of her own relationship with and embodiment of the Divine Feminine, especially in the form of Quan Yin, the Chinese goddess of compassion
- The She-Mystery & You 8 recorded course sessions,
- An e-booklet of Saniel's poems, Under Her Feet: Tantric Love-Poems of a Mater-Realistic, De-Lighted Fool,
- The recording of a live reading of these poems by Saniel and his commentaries and conversations with a small group of live listeners.
The Fierce Mystery audio courses
- An Integral Look at Opening the Gateway of Mutuality
- Get Fierce! Cultivating Consciousness & Discriminative Intelligence
- The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View
To understand why we're putting so much attention on the connection between Integral and our work, see sanielandlinda.com/integral for a brief explanatory letter. Look below for course descriptions and registration links.
An Integral Look at Opening the Gateway of Mutuality a 3-session audio course
Downloadable audio recordingsHans Plasqui of Belgium has been a student of Ken Wilber's Integral teachings and, more recently, a practitioner of our WholeHeart Way work. In London last August, he gave Saniel a copy of a paper he wrote for his Integral Studies work at JFK University. Titled "Opening the Gateway of Mutuality: An Introduction to the Trans-Lineage Path of Saniel Bonder," it's an Integral evaluation of Saniel's writings and our work.
In February 2010, Saniel and Hans anchored a no-holds-barred discussion of the work based on Hans's paper. They discussed it point by point and fielded comments and questions from participants. This course is a recording of those sessions.
Prerequisites: This course is free and open to everyone. It'll be to your advantage, however, to have at least a general awareness of both the Integral and Waking Down teachings.
When you register, you'll be sent a PDF download of Hans's paper. Please read it before starting the audio course material.
Get Fierce! Cultivating Consciousness & Discriminative Intelligence a 7-session audio course
Downloadable audio recordingsFor years we've been observing that, even in our own Waking Down work, many seekers of embodied spiritual Awakening don't seem to really get the "consciousness piece." Conversely, many who are ardent meditators on consciousness don't understand the hidden weaknesses of approaches to realization that value transcendence to the exclusion or disdaining of everyday human life and ordinary personal identity. This leads to two closely related and unfortunate outcomes:
- a lack of confidence in embodied Being, in those who have awakened, and persisting confusion about how to relate to consciousness and to material life at any stage of awakening and post-awakened living, and
- a weakness in discriminative intelligence or whole-being discernment, when life throws its inevitable curve balls right at you.
It begins by revealing or refreshing for you the foundations of consciousness exploration in our Way. Then, in sequence, we walk you all the way through understanding the awakening into "embodied feeling-witness consciousness" and the non-dual seamlessness of the Second Birth – and, beyond that, into advanced considerations of awakened living and the "White Heat." Includes our "post-hypermasculine" and often dissenting perspectives on traditional and contemporary approaches to non-duality.
Suggested readings and audio material from our work are given. Here are some testimonials from participants:
“It's one thing to start to connect with the Waking Down work and feel your personal process come alive.
What this course does extremely well is provide you with a clear but nuanced understanding of how the river flows and how to navigate it most effectively.
It addresses the whole process from getting started all the way through advanced stages of post-second-birth life and really helps develop the discriminating understanding and intelligence so essential to making the most of the journey.
“Saniel and Linda are in top form and this course has something (actually a lot) for everybody.”
CIO, Los Angeles, CA
If you want to get and stay fiercely confident in your ownership of radical, embodied, conscious awakeness, take this course! Click here to see a full course outline
Course materials: When you register you'll receive free ebook versions of Saniel's Healing the Spirit/Matter Split and The Conscious Principle.
Prerequisites: Open to everyone, but you should have a basic grounding in our teachings. Please read the course materials before starting the audios.
To register, click here, then select "Get Fierce! Cultivating Consciousness & Discriminative Intelligence" from the drop-down menu.
The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View audio course
a 6-session, 11-hour audio course with Saniel
Downloadable audio recordingsThis is an exciting, provocative course, memorable... maybe groundbreaking! The Human Sun Experience is a 6-month, multimedia online-based immersion in Saniel and Linda's essential transmission and teachings on his revolutionary approach to embodied awakening, "Waking Down." In The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View, we look at each of the 12 Human Sun Experience "gateways" through lenses offered by the Integral vision as extensively developed by Ken Wilber... and then turn around and look at the Integral vision from the post-hypermasculine perspectives suggested by that particular Human Sun gateway.
We're not aware of any other well-developed, distinct teaching or Dharma (sustaining life-way) that has undertaken such an in-depth exploration of potential mutual contributions between the Integral vision and itself, in a way that invites participants to co-creatively help integrate the two "maps." We welcome you to be part of it and learn along with us!
"For those looking to awaken in a thoroughly Integral manner, the Waking Down in Mutuality process, including Saniel and Linda's Human Sun Experience, is exemplary. My experience so far, after only a few months (and after many years and many modalities of, in effect, integral practice), is that witnessing consciousness has gone from 'behind' to 'in front' and is now 'coming forward,' merging with all form, and doing so in a manner that is more profoundly tantric – a marriage of She and He – than I could have ever imagined. There has also been unearthing and healing of shadow at a depth I never imagined (despite all the prior work), unfolding as it is at a breakneck pace – all in all, an Integral Realization of my Unique Self.
“What is especially important is that awakening is in the end a results game. The Waking Down work, increasingly refined in its presentation over the years, and now coming into direct and open conversation with Integral Theory, has had statistically over the top success for the better part of two decades – with the 'second birth' happening for most participants rather quickly. Why then not dare to Integrally Awaken and take the leap onto this time-tested Wake Down Express!
“It's been my profound pleasure to participate in several workshops, telecourses, and online audio programs with Saniel and Linda – including an exploration of their work in relation to Integral theory and practice and the Human Sun Experience – and I can't recommend them strongly enough.
“I'll be taking The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View, and I welcome you to join me.”
Prerequisites: Open only to those who have taken or are presently enrolled in The Human Sun Experience course.
Get an outline of the course's key points here.
To register, click here, then select "The Human Sun Experience & the Integral View" from the drop-down menu.
HeartSpeak monthly audio magazine
What could it mean for you to hear from us – audibly – every month?People experience a variety of benefits from listening to the monthly HeartSpeak recordings:
Audios you can listen to over and over again
As you advance in your own growth, you can listen to these audios again and each time something new is pretty sure to leap out and deepen your understanding of the work. The monthly selections often include music, interviews with other teachers, and more.
Lively conversations with people deeply engaged in their own growth work
Most of these audios are not merely us talking about awakening and transformation, but interactions we're having with others who are intensely engaged in these processes. You get to listen in and benefit from their experience, observations, insights, questions, issues, and openings, as well as from our responses to them.
Excellent way for beginners to start
The first audio every month discusses our unique kind of transformation in a more “general consideration.” Advanced practitioners can also shore up their understanding with it, and enjoy empowering support.
An easy way to receive Heart-transmission
You can download the audios to your smartphone, iPod, computer, or burn CDs for listening while you drive. We've heard from some subscribers that they combine listening with gazing at our photos for deeper Heart-awakening transmission. Some even leave the audios on while they're falling asleep!
Powerful material for advanced practitioners
The second audio every month addresses “intensive awakening and evolution.” These wide-ranging, in-depth conversations and presentations go into all the nooks, crannies, and potential developments of this kind of spiritual and personal transformation.
The latest evolutions of our work come to you right away
Our understanding is continually evolving and we're constantly refining how we speak and teach it – in ways that can enhance your own development even if you're not actively involved in Waking Down. Subscribing to HeartSpeak gives you a unique, empowering snapshot of our teaching as it's unfolding current time and in ways that can be of benefit to you, whatever your own avenues of growth may be.
The fee is just $12 a month, or $121 for a year. We'll charge your credit card monthly if you choose the monthly plan. You are, of course, free to discontinue any time.
“I have been a subscriber to HeartSpeak for a number of years. I have never given any feedback mainly due to the fact that it did not seem appropriate or solicited. However I must say that this month's recording of your consideration of The Happiness Question was one of the most powerful recordings I have ever heard. I cannot really articulate how it impacted me. I am still trying to understand that.
“It amazes me how you still put it all out there. I shall be ever grateful for your courage and sacrifice in making this teaching – your teaching – available. If it was not for you, men like me might never have a chance at wholeness. I have struggled with the idea that I belonged in Waking Down in Mutuality, but here it is 5 years later. It is astonishing to me that I even got here.
“From my point of view there is nothing else that you need to do. Nothing. You have done it. I know my friends here in the Boston area are all very grateful to you. How wonderful.”
Hear what others have to say about HeartSpeak
Full-Length Guided Meditations for Heartgazing
"Heartgazing Transmission of the Heart" extended meditationsDownloadable audio recordings
From early on in his work, Saniel implemented the ancient technique of communicating spiritual energy and consciousness by glance or gaze. This has become a tradition among all the Waking Down teachers. And it's at the core of our Heartgazing offerings.
If you've taken the Transmission of the Heart course with Saniel Bonder & Linda Groves-Bonder, you've already been introduced to their meditations to access the living essence through HeartGazing. Now Saniel and Linda are offering four extended HeartGazing meditations to bring your whole Heart alive and awake in your own unique way, at your own pace.
Click on a link to purchase:
- Receiving Heart-Transmission Through Gazing Meditation
- The Six-Step Recognition Yoga
- Active Conscious Dreaming
- The Falcon's Glance Meditation for Awakening Consciousness
|“Heartgazing with Linda and Saniel, and participating in the force-field of their spiritual blessing, has opened up new experiences in my heart and my entire essence the sense of my expanded consciousness and presence. I am experiencing life and its events more fully in my entire being and feel more grounded, open and aware.
My personal spiritual journey has increased in its breadth, depth and velocity since I began this process with them.
Barbara Musser, D. Div.
founder of Evolutionary Healing
Great Relief Hero's Journey
one of the four source-teaching courses in the Human Sun Institute Core Curriculum
a 10-session multimedia course with Saniel Bonder & Linda Groves-Bonder
This thoroughly updated and expanded rendition of an earlier course of the same title is the course we point people to who want to learn how recognize the difference between primal stresses we can't avoid and reactions to them that we can. That deeper, whole-being insight into what makes us tick as human beings confers ever-increasing peace of mind, body, and soul – truly, great relief.
No matter where we are in life's journey or the various stages of possible spiritual advancement, it's crucial to be able to sort out the differences between forms of distress that are natural parts of living and those that we are adding to the mix unnecessarily. If we haven't developed that skill, we wind up confusing and blaming ourselves for things that are not wrong or faulty. And we heap a whole lot more pain onto the plates of our daily living than we even can digest and metabolize.
Saniel's 2006 book, Great Relief: Nine Sacred Secrets Your Body Wants You to Know provides learning perspectives and tools for this kind of skillful discernment for many people. Many have also gotten a lot of help from our 2008 online audio course, "The Great Relief Hero's Journey." But even those who took the previous course will find that this Great Relief Hero's Journey is essentially a new investigation. It weaves in crucial pieces of Saniel and Linda's more recent teachings and those of thought leaders who are on the cutting edge of related kinds of work.
What's new in this course
- The Human Sun Institute framework of understanding "the Core and the Periphery" and how this profoundly reorients the teaching on the core wound in Great Relief,
- Why Great Relief is the primary text in Down to Earth Spirituality™, our "Intensive Life-Enhancing" quadrant of the Human Sun Institute Core Curriculum – which is devoted precisely to helping you "stop adding unnecessary suffering" and "find more freedom in your living,"
- Neuroscientific and other kinds of recent biological and neurological discoveries that validate and enhance these teachings,
- Remarkably supportive supplementary material from leading developmental experts on adult self-development Robert Kegan and Rob Macnamara, on the capacities of the "dialectical mind" and "self-transforming mind,"
- A number of ways these deceptively simply worded teachings on the core wound, or core wound/core wellness paradox, may go beyond many of humanity's most profound yet still hypermasculine expressions of wisdom and practice – ranging from Buddhism's "Four Noble Truths" to Ernst Becker's celebrated 1973 treatise, The Denial of Death.
- nine approximately 1-hour recorded presentations by Saniel on the Nine Secrets of Great Relief, plus a tenth summation session. These presentations are available in video, audio and transcribed text on the course webpage,
- ten 75-minute Q & A conversations between Saniel, Linda and live course participants recorded in late 2015. These conversations are available in audio and transcribed text,
- a free ebook of Great Relief.
“I just wanted to say what a great relief it is... I can't tell you what a gift [this course] has been as I go further on into awakened life and fall more deeply into the ‘down’ and encounter the core wound through my issues...
All I’ve written down in my notes so far is, ‘the fundamental dignity of necessary suffering.’ That's really been profound to me...
Thank you for just that one sentence – it has been so powerful for me. ”
The Human Sun Experience audio course
An Initiation into Healing Your Spirit/Matter Split Through Waking Down, as Transmitted and Taught by Saniel & LindaFor anyone who yearns for a structured yet immensely enlivening way to either begin or deepen your practice of Waking Down, this course is the first-ever way you can do that from anywhere on Earth as long as you have access to the Internet!
This 6-month self-paced course offers an extended, intensive curriculum of audio recordings and assigned readings by Saniel and Linda. These teachings provide both visual and conceptual frameworks for understanding the unique features of the Waking Down process of divinely human awakening, healing, and evolution. Participants may start and pace their course at their convenience.
The course materials include fourteen audio recordings by Saniel and Linda: the first audio introduces the whole course, the last summarizes it and offers perspectives for the future of your journey afterward, and each of the twelve others presents a key point of one of the 12 Human Sun "Gateways into Awakened Freedom, Wholeness, and Love." The accompanying visual mandalas, together with those key points, fully describe the foundation principles and processes of Waking Down.
The texts include a key-points manual and 4 volumes of selected readings from Saniel's books and manuscripts for your optional study, as well as downloadable audio and video documents, including a "gazing" video of Saniel and Linda. This study is combined with an in-depth presentation of teachings from Saniel's book Healing the Spirit/Matter Split (2006) and a more recent follow-up series of interviews with Saniel and Linda on Waking Down conducted by awakened Waking Down practitioner and Integral Studies master's candidate Lola McCrary.
“The Human Sun Experience provides a magnificent framework, profound, groundbreaking knowledge, and powerful guidance toward direct experience of whole-bodied awakening in these modern times. You personally meet Saniel and Linda through their friendly, open, self-giving style of conversing in the audio recordings.
Members of a study group I facilitated while taking this course were surprised by the warm loving transmission that exuded through the recordings and their down-to-earth explanations. Also, the carefully organized consolidations of Saniel's transmission-rich writings are priceless.”
The Human Sun Experience opens an important depth and breadth of exploration of Waking Down as both study and practice for many who have never had access to such an investigation before. It's also highly recommended for long-term practitioners, including Second Birth realizers, who want to take their understanding and capacity for discriminative discernment under the challenges of awakened living to much more profound levels.
Human Sun Institute Benefactors' CircleWhere giving back is paying forward, and we do it for the joy
If you appreciate the remarkable work Saniel Bonder and Linda Groves-Bonder are offering through Human Sun Institute (formerly Extraordinary Empowerments) and their ongoing contributions to the whole Waking Down movement that Saniel founded, please consider joining our Human Sun Institute Benefactors' Circle.
It's a single circle: everyone who contributes to help this work move more fully into the world is participating in the same heartfelt gesture of giving to something that exists to give to many others.
Why join the Human Sun Institute Benefactors' Circle?
One possible motivation to contribute is because you have a personal appreciation of Saniel and Linda's work, a sensed need to be of support to them and that work because you feel they have been of support to you. Another is that you have a personal calling to participate in an endeavor which has been of such great value to many people, and you can see that there's a need for many more to come.
On our part, we personally hope that a primary source of your motivation to contribute is simply for the joy of giving, of helping serve this work that is so dedicated to serving the divinely human Heart of every body. Don't give out of obligation or any kind of sensed pressure.
There are no special levels of giving that require certain amounts of money to be contributed. We simply assume that you will give as you are so moved. However, it is our pleasure to offer everyone who gives $100 or more in a single gift or $10 or more per month ongoing, a gift subscription to our monthly audio magazine, HeartSpeak (for more info about HeartSpeak, click here). Ongoing plans can be cancelled at any time.
Right now, Human Sun Institute is still just a tiny seedling. Help us water and feed it, so it turns into a mighty oak that supports the Heart of humanity for many, many generations to come! Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to set up a customized giving plan. Or simply fill in the short form below.
Note: Human Sun Institute is not a tax-exempt, not-for-profit corporation, and for that reason contributions are not tax-deductible.